Who is Community ASA?
Community ASA Inc. timeline & information
Aitkenvale Sports Association Inc. (ASA) is the operator of the facilities at Illich Park in Townsville, incorporating Centrals ASA Rugby League and Oztag.
2019 Community ASA Inc. was previously known as Aitkenvale Sporting Association Inc. (known more commonly as, ASA). The name was changed from ASA to Community ASA Inc. on the 19th March 2019, after it was confirmed by the board that the new name fits with the organization’s ethos, future values & objectives.
2016 In December, ASA took the primary leasehold of the entire Illich Park space with Townsville City Council (TCC), for a period of not less than 10 years with a further option to extend.
2014 In February, ASA was registered with ASIC & the Office of Fair Trading, the registration number is: IA41737
2012 In April, Aitkenvale Sporting Association Inc. (ASA) was Incorporated.
o The Australian Business number is: 35 475 281 512
ASA is a not for profit organization, governed by its constitution.
Community ASA Inc. (previously ASA) was established to;
- Represent the interests of the community groups
- Hold any tenure or licensing
- Plan, develop & maintain the venue & facilities on behalf of users
- Provide a safe environment
- Undertake fundraising activities
- Provide assistance to the community & apply for grants where desired
- Promote a safe environment where women and children can grow with the community
- Ensure we connect to our cultural roots
- Encourage inclusiveness
- Build a community that thrives from ongoing community activities
- Incorporate an atmosphere that encompasses all users within the community to contribute, integrate, respect and support each other